Matthew is considered one of the best DUI lawyers in Western Washington. He is currently rated as a perfect 10 out of 10 by Avvo.com (a lawyer rating service) and has repeatedly been named a Rising Star in DUI/DWI Defense by both Super Lawyers Magazine & Seattle Met Magazine, less than 2.5% of Attorneys receive this honor. His reputation allows him to maintain a high success rate in both DUI cases and DOL administrative hearings.
Who Is Matthew Leyba
Matthew was born and raised in Salt Lake City, UT. After graduation from the University of Utah he decided to attend Gonzaga University School of Law on scholarship. During his time in Spokane he developed an interest in criminal defense, in particular DUI Defense. As a second year law student, he interned at the Spokane County Public Defender’s Office and developed a love for criminal defense work.
After graduation and in the summer of 2006, Matthew left Spokane to work in Seattle at one of the largest criminal defense firms in the State. While there, he represented thousands of clients who were accused of committing a wide variety of criminal offenses. It was during this time, that he really fell in love with DUI Defense and built his reputation as a skilled trial attorney and a tireless advocate for his clients. Matthew litigated more trials during his first four years as an attorney than most attorneys litigate during their entire career. His success in the courtroom led him to open his own practice.
Matthew is a NHTSA qualified administrator of the standardized field sobriety tests, the same tests every trooper and police officer is trained to administer. Having litigated over 100 jury trials to verdict, he is comfortable and confident in the courtroom. His practice is devoted 100% to litigation. What does that mean? Matthew is fearless and if the prosecution doesn’t offer a deal his client wants to take, he will take the case to trial and present the best defense possible.
Matthew Leyba Is the Right Attorney For You
In 2010, due to Matthew’s growing reputation as one of the best DUI defense attorneys, Leyba Defense PLLC was born. Matthew accepts a limited number of clients so he can control the quality of work he provides. You may hear other firms advertise on the radio, on the side of a bus or see ads placed everywhere on Google, these firms need large numbers of clients to pay for these advertisements. Matthew relies mainly on his reputation and word of mouth. Whether it’s negotiating with the prosecutor, speaking to a judge, or persuading a jury, Matthew has the necessary skills to get you the best results possible.
- 2015 – Top 40 under 40 WA criminal defense lawyer by American Society of Legal Advocates
- 2014 – Rising Star in DUI Defense by Seattle Met Magazine
- 2013 – Rising Star in DUI Defense by Seattle Met Magazine
- 2013 – Featured speaker at Washington Young Lawyers Trial Advocacy CLE Program, “Trial Notebook/Organization during jury trial”
- 2012 – Featured speaker at Washington Young Lawyers Trial Advocacy CLE Program, “Trial Notebook/Organization during jury trial”
- 2011 – Featured speaker at Washington Young Lawyers Trial Advocacy CLE Program, “Trial Notebook/Organization”
- 2010 – Featured speaker at Washington Young Lawyers Trial Advocacy CLE Program, “Trial Notebook Skills”
- 2008 – Speaker at ACA misdemeanor unit, “How to analyze a DUI police report”
Memberships and Affiliations
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Matthew currently resides in the Ballard area of Seattle, WA with his wife and two beautiful daughters. He enjoys playing golf. As a 2003 graduate of University of Utah, he is a big fan of the Utes and enjoys watching them in football and basketball.
Call (206) 357-8454 now for a free 60 minute consultation that is completely confidential. Leyba Defense’s main office is located in downtown Seattle at the corner of 7th & Olive, but also have locations in Bothell, and Bellevue, Washington.