DUI Defense Attorney Bainbridge Island WA
- Help! I’m Facing a DUI in Bainbridge Island. What Should I Do?
- 1. Washington State Will Try to Take Your License
- 2. Criminal Charges Follow Your DUI Arrest
- Will I Lose My Drivers License?
- How Do I Contest my License Suspension?
- Your DUI Arrest and Your Day in Court
- Get A DUI Criminal Defense Attorney in Bainbridge Island WA
Help! I’m Facing a DUI in Bainbridge Island. What Should I Do?
If you’ve been arrested for driving while under the influence (DUI), then you need to start building your criminal defense. If you choose to drive while intoxicated, you’ll have to defend yourself against two sets of criminal charges:
1. Washington State Will Try to Take Your License
After being charged with a DUI, the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL) will try and take away the driver’s license. The minimum penalty for a DUI charge is a 90-day suspension of driving privileges.
2. Criminal Charges Follow Your DUI Arrest
Aside from the action taken by the DOL, there are going to be additional charges that you’ll have to answer for. These criminal DUI charges can result in several penalties, including fines, restrictions of driving in the future, or abstention from alcohol.
You may or may not need to go to court. Regardless, you’re going to want the help of an experienced DUI defense attorney.
You may be in trouble – but, you can get help. Make a case for yourself. Build a defense against your DUI arrest in Bainbridge Island. Contact Matt Leyba and Leyba Defense PLLC.
Keep reading and find out what to do if you’re suspected of a DUI. If you’ve already been arrested, don’t wait another second. Click below and talk to DUI Defense Attorney Matthew Leyba.
Will I Lose My Drivers License?
Was there a hole punched through your Washington Driver’s License following your DUI arrest in Bainbridge Island? If so, your license has been suspended for 60 days, and it may be revoked completed.
How Do I Contest my License Suspension?
Pay a non-refundable $375 application fee to file for a hearing on your suspension.
This is your one chance to get your license back while reducing or diminishing your DUI charges. If not, you could lose your license for another 90 days or up to 4 years.
Your DUI Arrest and Your Day in Court
Throughout your DUI Arraignment and DUI Hearing, you’ll have a chance to defend yourself from the arrest. With the help of your attorney, you may be able to:
- Dispute the validity of your arrest based on Miranda rights.
- Question the accuracy and protocol of your DUI blood test.
- Present other evidence and arguments that represent your innocence.
Get A DUI Criminal Defense Attorney in Bainbridge Island WA
Lawyer Matthew Leyba provides his individual expertise to each client of Leyba Defense PLLC. Ensure your rights and fight your DUI arrest. Call or email Leyba Defense for your free DUI arrest consultation.