What To Look For In a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
When it comes to what to look for in a criminal defense lawyer, there are a lot of things to consider.
Because criminal defense cases can look drastically different depending on a whole host of factors, it’s important to hire a criminal defense lawyer that has experience in a number of different facets of criminal cases.
A list of common criminal charges include:
- Assault and battery
- Domestic abuse
- Child abuse
- Underage DUI
- Rape and statutory rape
- Refusal to perform a field sobriety test
As you can see, criminal charges can vary dramatically in severity and penalty. Depending on the level of charge, you will require a criminal defense attorney with expertise in one of these different facets of criminal law.
To get in touch with an experienced criminal defense lawyer, contact Leyba Defense today.
How To Choose a Criminal Defense Lawyer
What are tips for how to find a good criminal defense lawyer?
Here are four practical tips for how to choose a criminal defense lawyer/what to look for in a criminal defense lawyer.
- Find a lawyer that is local to your area. The law often changes from state to state and county to county, so you need someone who is fluent in local criminal laws.
- Partner with an attorney that you feel comfortable communicating with and who helps you understand “legalese.” Don’t choose an attorney that you have trouble understanding or talking with.
- Before choosing your criminal defense lawyer, ensure you see them face-to-face for an initial consultation to see if you two are compatible.
- Choose a lawyer who is confident in your case and who has presented you with a satisfactory action plan for moving forward with your case.
What To Look For In a Good Criminal Defense Lawyer
A good criminal defense lawyer will have these things to back them up:
- A history of successful cases that are similar to yours
- Good online reviews and a history of high client satisfaction
- Good communication skills and the ability to articulate themselves clearly
How To Find a Criminal Defense Attorney
Here at Leyba Defense, Matthew Leyba offers first-time clients a free initial consultation of 30-minutes. If you would like to see if Leyba Defense is the right criminal defense law firm for your case, get in touch to schedule your free consultation.
Matthew Leyba is passionate about justice and helping his clients fight criminal charges. He has more than a decade of experience working in criminal law and has handled cases in a variety of different fields within criminal law.
Get in touch with Leyba Defense to begin working with a skilled criminal defense lawyer today.